Mondo Agit has offered professional localisation and website translation services into Spanish since it was founded in 2005. Since then, we have collaborated on the localisation of web pages and the creation of multilingual websites, helping to translate both dynamic websites designed with the most well-known content manager systems (Joomla, WordPress, Typo3, Drupal, and Prestashop) and others written in PHP, into Spanish. We also translate static html websites.
Here at Mondo Agit, we don’t just translate your website into Spanish, but we also adapt it to fit the cultural and linguistic background of your target audience, taking into account all the relevant technical aspects. Our goal is not to translate your website word-for-word, but instead to communicate the feelings, images and ideas you want your product to convey.
When localising websites, there are generally three possible starting points:
- You want to add one or more languages to your monolingual website.
- Your website is already available in several languages, but you want to add more.
- You want a multilingual website, but you don’t have jet any, or, for some reason, you don’t want to continue using the website you already have.
Following a brief analysis of your aims and your website, we will help find the most suitable way of going ahead.
When localising or translating websites into Spanish, we pay special attention to the characteristics unique to this kind of work:
- Fluency and context. We do not simply translate terms one after another. We translate them taking into account their position and context with regards to the whole website and its visual and acoustic signals.
- Modules, extensions, plug-ins. Thanks to our knowledge of the most commonly used content management systems (Joomla, Typo3, WordPress…), we can advise you on which extensions to use for the translation of your website into Spanish.
- SEO (search engine optimisation). One of the most important aspects of localisation or the translation of websites is finding equivalent meta elements for the different pages, which is especially important where the page title and description are concerned.
- Size and appearance. We take care of making sure that the messages and the general text adapt to the menus and spaces on the website taking into account restrictions on the number of characters allowed.
- Consistency in terminology. A website needs to be faithful to, and therefore consistent with its own terminology.
- Scope. It is, of course, vitally important to bear in mind the target audience when translating a website.
- Speed. One of our main principles is speed and reliability. We know that time is precious and that in general, projects can easily get delayed. That is why it is our wish to provide a speedy service, coordinating with you to get the job finished as soon as possible.